March 22, 2012

Super Blog Post 64


Well, well.  Imagine that.  Two months ago, I never would have guessed that I’d stick with this blogging thing for so long (you can blame my adversity with technology, AKA the threads of blood-born necromancy).  But here I am with 64 posts, a slowly-but-surely increasing pageview count, a slew of other blogs that I follow, and a potential platform for writing notoriety.  Optimistically speaking; I’ve still got some work to do.

For one thing, I’d like to get some more followers.  That might help matters a bit.

But anyway, I think I’m off to a good start.  So long as I can keep up the momentum, I see no reason for me to give it up now.  I’m a blogger, and hopefully I’ll stay that way for months to come.  And then, someday, you’ll get the message “What?  Blogger is evolving?”  And then you’ll get a cute little jingle, and then I’ll turn all digital and start transforming, and you’ll be so mystified you won’t even think of pressing the B button, and then it’ll say “Congratulations!   Blogger has evolved into Legendary Writer!”

It’ll be awesome, is what I’m trying to say.

So to celebrate, let me show you this game called Mischief Makers.  It was the first N64 game I ever owned.  Arguably, it’s in my Top 20 Favorite Games.  And with good reason; look at this.


Look at that.  Look at -- just look at that shit.  You’re a robot girl riding a cat in a psychedelic dimension fighting against a dog-man on a transforming motorcycle, and you make missiles bigger by shaking them so you can throw them back at that dog-man -- and then you throw him around once he starts sliding around as fast as his transforming bike.  And then he explodes like it’s the Fourth of July.

Anyone who says Japanese games are stupid needs a sledgehammer to the medulla oblongata. 

Thanks for sticking around with my blog, (hopefully non-imaginary) readers.  Here’s to better days, yeah?

It's been too long since I've used this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment