February 16, 2017

I’m Back to Rise (Basically)


Hey guys, I just had another thought about JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.  I’d better write a 7,000 word post to explain a middling and overall inconsequential point.

…Nah, just kidding.  I’ve done more than enough JoJo posts for now.  And you know what that means.


Yep.  I put the blog on a quasi-hiatus in order to work on other stuff (which I’ll get into another time), but the time limit for that was basically however long it would’ve taken me to run through all four installments of the JoJo anime.  Truth be told, I’d originally planned to have each rundown last for one post -- but one of them extended into two, and so did the next, and…well, I’m a big fan of symmetry.  So yeah, that little miniseries stretched into nine posts, which meant I screwed myself into a 10-week quasi-hiatus.  (I slipped a post on Final Fantasy 15 in there, because of course I did.)

But now I’m back for real.  Granted you could argue that I never really left -- as per semantics -- but the past couple of months have taught me just how much I freaking hate winter weather.  Nothing says “Happy Holidays” quite like 15-degree weather.  Though I guess I shouldn’t complain, because the east coast got hammered by a polar hell-storm.  I’m praying for them to see some warm weather again.

Side note: would it be cheating/defying fate if we blindfolded the eponymous groundhog of Groundhog Day so that he could never see his shadow and thus spare us of more winter weather?  Just a thought.


In any case, you can look forward to more posts on me -- posts that, remarkably, don’t have anything to do with JoJo.  Though I haven’t written every last word for every last post, I have a docket ready that lists what I want to write about.  And if I stick to the schedule, then I’ll have enough content to last me through April.  Probably longer; one of those things is going to be a new (but likely irregular) miniseries that’ll be either really interesting or really cringe-inducing.  But breasts are involved sooooooooooooooo maybe that’s something you guys out there would be into?  We’ll see.

I’ve also got some updates for the blog planned.  I don’t know when I’ll roll out those changes, but I’ve made some progress.  Not as much as I would’ve preferred, but it’s a start, and that’s good enough for now.  And while there’s still a lot of work that needs to be done on my end, I’m confident that they’ll get done over time.  The journey of a thousand miles, as they say.

And that’s about all I’ve got.  Might as well ease back in with a super-short update post -- and with it, a dope-ass song. 


I’ve never played Killer Instinct, but damned if this track doesn’t make a good argument to jump in.  God bless you, Mick Gordon and crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment